- @bodyposipanda_ @suzieswimcoach Moving to 🇨🇭? 3 days ago
- @LizzieLeevale @soniaagrith @jopavey It must have been all the swimming ;-) 5 days ago
- That runoff looks "a bit ripe", so plan B activated, early morning dip from the Adventure centre instead. In the sl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- @alphacarla Dunmore. A bit colder in winter, warmer in summer due to estuary. 6 days ago
- 8 degree water. -1 degree air. Getting tough now. 6 days ago
Author Archives: Colm Breathnach
As a finish to the Ice Mile shenanigans, we had a get together last Saturday in Dublin, organised by Fergal Somerville, to receive our certificates of membership to the Ice Swimming Association. A good night was had by all. As … Continue reading
This post has jumped the queue, but better to do it now, while the iron is hot so to speak. Queue is a generous term. Its a queue of one. My English Channel post is almost there, just haven’t had … Continue reading
We’re to meet the pilot at 2:30. Looks like we’re off this time !
Got a call from the pilot to say the swim has been postponed temporarily. The wind has not died down as expected, so the sea conditions are still far from ideal. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
I got the call from the pilot this morning to meet @ 2 am tomorrow. Probably in the water by 2:30. So finally, this is it. A big thank you to everyone who helped get me this far. Too many … Continue reading
Here is a tribute to Páraic, written by fellow open water swimmer John Tierney, in words much more eloquent than I could ever hope to put together. It is taken from the CSPF website, link below http://cspf.co.uk/article/a-tribute-to-paraic-casey Dear Paraic, It … Continue reading